Thursday, December 18, 2008

Deear Santa


Reply to: your anonymous craigslist address will appear here [?]
Date: 2008-12-18, 12:10PM CST


Christmas is almost here and my faith in you is strengthening each day. As I have written a few times in other cities, the response has been overwhelmingly positive. So many like minded individuals with such amazing adventures of the past and wanting to deliberately create the future. Yes Santa, I am an entrepreneur. For awhile there I tried on many other hats - business consultant, business architect, salesman, analyst, stock trader, teacher, etc..to name a few. However, it was not until last week, whereby the name popped back in my head with such force. I began becoming acquainted with the term entrepreneurism again, researching the term, its definition, how its now categorized and considered in the world or shall I say my peers.

One who organizes and assumes the risk and reward of business. Not exactly the definition as in webster yet a good one for my current purpose. As I recount my experiences, my mentors, and startups I have never been happier than rallying the forces to determine if a venture can be successful. I have gotten quite good at accessing an opportunity, and dedicating myself to the task for 90 days doing whatever it takes to earn and create the agreed upon value. Most times its capturing a sell yet my ideology of never losing principal also includes the payment for my services, other times its building a system.

As I consider the world, economy, and the seemingly mess that big business has caused so they communicate in the media. I ask myself, well if all these companies are going belly up, filing bankruptcy, asking the government for help, I wonder where all the money is and who has it. Yes there are so many talks about Lehman Bros, AIG, the Ponzi fund manager, yet I can not help but wonder where is the money. Someone has it, someone profited...who and where are they.

Dear Santa as you know who has been naughty and nice, send this letter to those nice, wealthy, smart geniuses so that can extend an an olive branch of $3.3 million. No one can do any worse than them, and I too have lost money that has afforded me a wonderful business education, I too am smarter and determined to put more systems in place to secure my principal. Mr. Buffett says first rule of business is not to lose principal. For the longest time, or maybe just today, I use think he meant the money initially invested. Today I am beginning to think he meant so much more and the principal is really principle. Word play, semantics or whatever else you may want to red flag me about. Yet in either case, the media world is presenting a decay in both.

I have been reading resumes upon resumes, mostly to capture ideas of how to improve mine, to begin building my team as I know Santa will fulfill my request. There are so many creative resumes which must count for something. I want to find the best persons and organized them around my business ventures. My service to the world, just like Sam Walton, Fred Smith, Asa Candler. All men that created an economy within themselves which spawned an amazing service to the world.

Yes Dear Santa, I seek the perfect position/opportunity for me to expand and service the world. I have 5 divisions set up and ready to roll mentally and on paper. I love to travel, great with people, can motivate from an individual to a team. I get things done. My intent is always holistic yet singularly when pursing an agreed upon task. Dear Santa, be safe in your travels.

James

No comments: